A great mixture of Red and White Kidney Beans, Great Northern Beans, White and Pinto. Mild heat with a great blend of spices.
This Chili is fabulous on its own or with a ground beef or added chicken if you choose.
Southwest Black Bean
Black Beans, Onion, Red & Green Peppers, Corn, Onion, Garlic, Vegetarian Bouillon, Salt. Pepper & Spices.
VEGETARIAN BOUILLON: Dextrose, glucose solids, salt, yeast extract, onion powder, spice extractives (contains soy lecithin) & spice, canola oil, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, garlic powder, colour.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED: 1-796ml can of diced tomatoes, 1- 156ml can of tomato paste and 5 cups of water.
Remove Spice and Vegetable from Package.
- SOAK BEANS: In a large pot cover beans with about 6 inches of water and soak overnight.
- Once soaked Drain and Rinse. Add fresh water to beans and simmer for approximately 45 minutes, or until the beans are tender.
- . Drain and Rinse once again.
- In a large Pot add Beans, Vegetable and Spice Packet and the cooked cooked ground beef 1-796ml can of diced tomatoes, 1- 156ml can of tomato paste and 5 cups of water. Stir well.
QUICK SOAK BEANS METHOD: Rinse Beans. Then add to a saucepan and cover with water: Cover with about 2 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Cook the beans for 1 minute, then remove the pot from the heat. Cover pot with a lid and let the beans to soak in the warm water for one hour. Drain the beans into a colander. Rinse and begin to cook according to our recipe.
- STOVE TOP: Cover and Simmer for 2-3 hours on medium /low stir occassionally.
- CROCK POT: Cook on Medium heat for 4 hours.